Saturday, April 10, 2010

Free Tent!

Yesterday I scored an awesome tent from freecycle. I told the gal I was headed to BM with it and she gave me her camping shower thing as well. Not sure I will use it or not, but, that was super nice. Now, I must say it was adventure getting this tent.  The lady lived out by White River Amphitheater, past the Indian reservation.  I haven't been out that far in a long while and forgot how rural it was.  Below is part of the email she sent me, with directions on how to find her house after I turned off the road.....

"you will see that it is a one-lane dead-end road.  You will drive up a little hill and pass the first house on your left.  Then you will pass the cow pasture on your left and then come to a row of mailboxes on the right.  Keep going straight as the road turns to gravel.  You will pass a white goat on the left and some horse paddocks on both sides.  Keep following the road as it forces you to turn to the right.  After you've turned the curve, you'll see a dark brown house up on a hill on the left: that's my landlord's house.  Keep coming straight and you'll pass the shop (a big red building on the right).  As soon as you do, you'll see my double-wide trailer off to the right on the hill.  It's tan with a white bench and orange flower pots against the side of the house.  Beware of the dog poo - we have two farm dogs that roam.  They are both very friendly but will bark to let everyone know you're there and tend to lay landmines all over.  Bart, the black lab - he's very energetic and may try to jump up to kiss you, but with the exception of his very hard forehead and his slobber, he's harmless.  :)  Roxy, the red cattle dog is all bark and acts tough but is really just after some attention. "


See what I mean! :) LOL Who knew in Washington this still existed.....

I assembled the tent and its awesome.  (As Sam watched me and laughed since I assembled it in the middle of our living room!)  There are some mesh areas I will have to cover, but, I've got time.  And, its a little smaller than I want as its only 7X7 and like 52 inches high inside. So, I am still on the look out for one. But, if nothing else, I now have shelter or an awesome storage closet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment