Friday, April 23, 2010

Shopping Trip!

Been a few days since I sat down to write anything. But, that does not mean that I haven't been thinking about Burning Man, or figuring out how to get there and items for it. LOL

Shoe Shopping

This week we went shoe shopping for Samantha.  While we were there, I saw these shoes and I really want them for the playa.  Although I would have to get some insoles, I think they would be awesome.

I didn't buy them, since we were there for Sam, but, I might get them still. What do you all think?










Goodwill Trip Today
Today I really just needed to get out of the house. So, after I picked up Sam from school, we headed over to the goodwill in Southcenter to look for stuff.  We had a blast. I love my daughter. She is not afraid to tell me what she thinks about stuff!

This is a wide brimmed hat with pink trim.  It also has some decorative straw thing on it, but, I may take it off. We shall see

(Thanks Sam for taking the pics!)









Although you can't see it very well, this is a knit vest that zips up with FUR on it. FUR! Who doesn't love fur! :)










Another neat hat that we got.  Samantha is wearing it (during our JC Pennys trip later).  She is in love with this hat too.  At first she told me that I could not take it to the playa, since it would get ruined. But, I told her that by September, she would be sick of it anyway.  She agreed.












A little lizard for our camp! His belly is full of this material that makes him squishy!  My cats loved tail too!  He does look angry though.  Samantha suggested we make a lemon and put it in his mouth! (gotta love my kid!)








Another neat hat. Although you can't see the detail on it.  Sam likes this one too, which means it will end up in her room this spring/summer.

My lizard is on my shoulder saying hi!









I also got two camping chairs, a dress (didn't feel like putting it on) and a cool waterbottle.  Sam doesnt like the dress, but, it is flowy and airy and will nice in the hot heat.  Samantha got a couple dresses as well.

We also scored an AWESOME Seahawks sleeping bag.  It probably won't end up going with me to the playa though, will probably be saved for football season. But, still, its awesome.

My New Bed
When we were done at the goodwill, we got a call from my mom.  She was laying on a mattress at JC Penny's and wanted us to come help her pick out a new mattress.  While we were there, I found a bed I really liked.  After much discussion (and laying on a million mattresses), we decided to go ahead and get the bed! (Thanks for the loan mom!)  My mattresses will finally have a place to call home! :)

Here is the link : My new bed!

And here are a couple pics I took in the store.


So that was our shopping trip today.  We had alot of fun. Tried on tons more stuff than we actually bought.  There were also a couple coolers that I thought about getting, but, I think I can find some cheaper at garage sales.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, the shoes would be awesome for burningman. Have enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete