Monday, July 12, 2010

45 days.....

Well, I just lost two days on my countdown today. But, that is because I decided to leave 2 days earlier to go meet up with some camp mates in San Francisco and ride out to Burning Man with them, arriving to the playa on Saturday (early arrival). Part of this decision came from the hot hot weather this past week. We had a week straight of weather that was in the 80s and 90s. In fact, it got to 98 and 96 at my house twice last week.  During this time, I really realized how sensitive I am to the heat. And, the extra precautions I am going to have to take out in the desert at 100+ degrees.  I also starting worrying about getting lost, not knowing where to go and breaking down in the middle of no where! Typical me, attempting to plan and know everything that is going on. Yes, I know I am going to have to let that go. So, in an attempt to help keep my sanity, I reached out to a  camp mate in San Fran area and asked if her offer to ride with them was still valid. She was excited to have me.

So, here is the new plan:
* Leave my house in the morning of  Thursday 8-26
* Drive the 721 miles in approximately 12 hours and 5 minutes (according to google maps) to my camp mates house. Perhaps I may stop at my aunt and uncles house, in Silverton, for dinner or a nap. We shall see.
* Arrive there sometime Thursday night and hang out with camp mates.
* Leave Friday afternoon for Reno (about 4 hours away)
* Meet up with our camp truck and a few other camp mates for some last minute shopping, dinner, gambling and rest(?)
* Leave Saturday morning for the playa to arrive about 12noon to begin setting up camp.
* Have an amazing time for the week
* Leave Monday Sept 6th from the playa and head to Reno for a real shower, dinner, gambling and rest.
* On to San Fran Tuesday afternoon to unload
* Leave San Fran Wed morning on my way back to Seattle.

Everyone got that? Subject to change of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment