Thursday, August 12, 2010

more preparations

Well, taping the tent didn't work. Went out to inspect it today and its coming up. Stupid tent material. I am now debating if I should try to glue gun nylon fabric over the mesh or just say screw it and just to with the rainfly....hell, its going to be dusty anyway, right?

I am also trying to do a little research on my camelbak thing. I KNOW I need to stay hydrated and drink water. BUT, I have never been one to drink straight water. Even when I was a baby I would spit it out, yes, I know, I am weird ( but that is another story). I am sitting here tonight attempting to drink straight water and it just is not working well at all.  Now, who knows, out on the playa, maybe the magic fairies will take over and I will be able to drink straight water, but, I am not planning on that. So, I am thinking a little flavor would be a good thing...like crystal light. But, wondering if it is OKAY to put that into the camelbak. I imagine that I would never get the flavor out of the bladder, but, that is okay, as it will be for Burning Man only anyway. But, is there any health issue with it? Last thing I will need out on the playa is to get sick.

1 comment:

  1. It won't be a problem to use flavors in your camelbak. Just know you might never beable to get the flavor out.

    Don't know if you came up with anything for your tent yet. But clamps (the spring type) work with a sheet/blanket. You can find smaller spring clamps, and just clamp the sheet over your tent. (place clamps on the frame) I did this one year and it helped.

    ReplyDelete