Tuesday, June 8, 2010

40 Degrees at night!

So, as I was laying in bed last night (or maybe it was the night before...), under my lovely covers and with my AWESOME heating pad turned on high, I started thinking...CRAP! At  Burning Man I am going to be sleeping OUTSIDE in like 40 degrees! Now, you need to remember that I am a cold person. Always have been.  The only time I can really ever my feet being warm is when I was in Spain the summer after my freshman year in high school and it was literally 118 degrees outside.  Everyone else was complaining about the heat, but I was finally hot! It was awesome.

Needless to say, there is a reason I don't go camping around the Pacific Northwest much, unless it is in cabins! But, I will be tenting it at Burning Man. And, after the sun goes down, it gets pretty darn cold out in the flat dessert at 4100 feet! I really can't sleep if I am not warm. When I sleep, I have to be surrounded like a cocoon, feet and all! So, I am preparing myself for this coldness. I know it is coming in 80 days or so. I will be bringing lots of warm stuff to wear and sleep in. But, for today, I am freaking out! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment