Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cassette Tapes, Caboodles & Sewing....FLASHBACK!

I don't think I posted this, but, I have decided to go ahead and drive my Focus down to the playa by myself. I can handle the drive and it will be good way to start my trip.  I am planning to leave here and drive to Klamath Falls to stay the night and then drive to the playa the next day.  Well, my 2004 Focus is the basic model and has a tape cassette player instead of a CD player (ya, I know....weird!). I do have an adapter for my portable cd player, but it is a tad bit of a hassle.  I thought maybe I could get some tapes and record some CDs (like we used to do in the old days) but wasn't even sure if they still sell blank tapes or not....its on my list of things to check out.

This past weekend, we were cleaning out the garage. Going through old boxes, getting rid of stuff, setting things aside to donate or sell, etc.  And, I came a cross a box with ALL of my old cassettes in them! From junior high and high school. So WEIRD that I was just thinking it would be neat to have those, but figured they were lost. Yet, there they all were!  Squishy thought I was crazy when I squealed about my tapes.  I've got mixed tapes made by friends, mixed tapes I made, singles, full tapes, all of them!  It will so awesome to be driving to the playa listening to all this old school stuff. How can you not smile while listening to stuff from your youth! :)

Speaking of youth...if you were a girl growing up in the 80s and 90s, chances are pretty darn good that you had a caboodle at one point.

I know I did. Actually I think I had like 3 or so...lol  With the hard plastic case, mirror, trays and compartments, they are just awesome! hehe  Well, at goodwill, I found a perfectly in tact pink one. I just had to get it. Not only will the mirror be great to have on the playa, but, it will be good to keep small things in! Again, how can you not be happy with you have something around you with this much nostalgia?

The last time I can remember sewing anything was back in Girl Scouts. It was to earn a badge. So, I am thinking like 4 or 5th grade. I remember I sewed a pair of shorts, a pair of pants and a bag. All did not turn out correctly. LOL  But, with all these BM craft ideas I have, I have made the decision to attempt to sew as much of it myself as I can. Seriously though, that thought terrifies me.  Using the big sewing machine! UGH! Well again, while I was out in the garage again, I came across a craft box.  In the craft box was a BRAND NEW Sewing Genie and Mini Stitcher!
These are smaller and perfect for what I need to make. Less intimidating for sure. I am so glad that my mom bought this years ago and never opened it! :) Funny how things work out. The universe has a plan! This past weekend sure taught me that. Look at all this stuff that came about just after thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment